Saturday, March 3, 2007

Memory Lane

Yesterday, having been relegated to my couch due to a virus, I decided to take a little trip down memory lane. I pulled out all my photo albums and simply relished in the past. It was delightful. I found myself sighing, smiling, and laughing out loud at the memories held in the still-frames in my hands.

There is something to be said for taking a trip to the past. Yes, it can be dangerous to "live in the past," so to speak, but it can also be refreshing. To me, every so often it is rejuvenating to take a look at where I have been while contemplating where I am going. Going through my pictures gave me a chance to really meditate on the changes that have taken place in my life. I was given the opportunity to say, "Wow, that was a stinky time in my life, but look at how God has blessed it." Or, to say, "What a fun day that was...I'm so glad the joy of that day can bless me again."

My challenge to you, as a reader, would be to sit back and contemplate where God has been in your life and where He is leading you. Dig out your old pictures and keepsakes if you need to, and let yourself journey to the past. In this journey, let yourself become aware of the Great I AM: who was, and is, and is to come. He was there in the old pictures; He is sitting with you as you reminisce; and He is going before you preparing for the snapshots of your future.

" 'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, 'who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.' "
Rev. 1:8

0 comments: